Roasted Acorn Squash With Parmesan & Thyme
Recipe is taken from deliciousaffood.com
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 2 large acorn squashes (cut into thin moon shapes)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2-4 tbsp parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to Bake at 425°F.
- Slice the acorn squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds then cut each half into thin moon shaped slices. Add the sliced squash to a large bowl.
- To the bowl of squash add extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper and fresh thyme. Mix well until the sliced squash is fully coated with seasoning.
- Transfer the squash to a baking sheet and pop them into the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes remove them from the oven, sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and pop them back into the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
- Make sure to spread out the squash on the baking sheet. You don’t want them to touch too much or they will steam and not get crispy.